The Molecular Life Sciences PhD programme, organized by the Bijvoet Center, as part of the Utrecht Graduate School of Life Sciences consists of the following components:
- Introduction: An introduction to the different disciplines within the Bijvoet School for new PhD candidates and postdoctoral fellows.
- Tutorial Symposium: An annual two-day symposium with renowned invited speakers and poster presentations by PhD candidates and postdoctoral fellows.
- Bijvoet seminars: Seminars with invited speakers, where PhD candidates get a chance to meet top researchers.
- Discussion evenings: A regular evening seminar for PhD candidates and postdoctoral fellows with presentations by the PhD candidates. The seminar is concluded with a dinner.
- Advanced courses: Thematic courses intended to teach a specific technique or increase knowledge in a specific field.
- Courses and conferences: PhD candidates are encouraged to participate in (inter)national courses and conferences which address their specific needs for further education.
Details of the advanced course and the credits awarded for various activities can be found on the “Courses and credits” page.
In addition to these, many courses organized by the Graduate School of Life Sciences are open to PhD candidates in the programme. Information on other programmes can found on the website of the Graduate School.
Join the PhD / Postdoc Bijvoet mailinglist: http://mailman.science.uu.nl/mailman/listinfo/bijvoet.aiopd-l
Keep track online of the credits you earned using our online portfolio: http://fd8.formdesk.com/universiteitutrecht/Portfolio-PhD-programme-Molecular-Life-Sciences